Asking questions about God requires little. Finding the answers requires effort. Living with those answers requires grace.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Should I Get a Senior-Citizen Discount?

Last summer, I had a strange pain in my right foot. I felt like I strained it and it hurt for a few days and then disappeared (the pain, that is; I still have my foot). Over the Fall, I noticed it a couple of times, but it was annoying at best. This past Friday, it started hurting again. I ignored it until Friday afternoon when it started to hurt more than ever. By Sunday, I was hobbling around and couldn’t drive a car. My foot was swelling and bruising and I was wishing that it would disappear (the foot that is). The short story is that I went to the doctor on Monday and found out I have gout. Gout! I thought gout was one of those made up words the old people in my family used to describe mysterious pain in their joints. I did not know that it was a diagnosable condition. The doctor admitted that I was not the classic gout patient, since they tend to be older or heavier, but I have it nonetheless. It is clearing up thanks to some steroids and anti-inflammatory medication along with another medication that helps metabolize the uric acid that causes the problem. For reasons I won’t write of here, that last medication is no fun. But I have several “loved ones” that have not allowed this opportunity to escape without much humor at my expense! My wife is leading the pack in this arena! So, to head some of that off, just know that I am a man you could describe as advanced or ahead of my time. Now if I could just get some of the senior-citizen discounts and benefits to go with it.

Be sure to check out Jacob’s World and Macayla Smiles. There is some new content. We have included a few of Macayla’s MRI slides for comparison on her page. New pictures will be coming soon on the Image Gallery page, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment