Asking questions about God requires little. Finding the answers requires effort. Living with those answers requires grace.

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Til The Whole World Knows

This past Sunday, Jennifer and Jacob went to church while Macayla and I stayed home. I still haven't been able to track down the actual name of the song, but Jennifer and Jacob sang along to it on the way to church. It has a chorus that goes, "We won't stop til the whole world knows!" Jacob told Jennifer he had a problem with that song. He assumed that the song meant we won't stop praising God til the whole world knows. He told Jennifer, "That's not good. Even if the whole world knows, we should never stop praising God." 
Hopefully the song actually meant that we won't stop til everyone hears about Jesus. I hope Jacob continues to use that sharp discernment and that it gets even sharper before his teen years!

"Praise does not provide the answer; Praise is the answer."  - Calvin Miller

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I needed that reminder today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song. We sang it this week. It is called "Great God" but I couldn't find a complete set of lyrics. I ran across your blog looking for them. I did; however, find it on YouTube... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yro8sWY7N-w&feature=PlayList&p=0948EF53365B0FD6&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=24

    ReplyDelete