Asking questions about God requires little. Finding the answers requires effort. Living with those answers requires grace.

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

A New Friend

Today, we got to meet a family with a special little girl. Stephanie has a mitochondrial condition among other diagnoses. She lit up when we told her how beautiful she was. She cooed at us as we held her hand and smiled so big! She acted just as Macayla did a little over a year ago. It reminded me of when I could make certain sounds and it would get Macayla to laugh a certain way and smile. She would be very responsive. Stephanie transported us back in time a bit. We got to connect with her, and in a way, with Macayla. It was joyful, helpful, tearful and hard all at the same time. I had to restrain myself from just scooping her up in my arms. (Since they just met us, I wasn't sure her mom would understand.) It was good to meet her and play with her. I could have stayed all day. What a big blessing from someone with such a small frame. Thank you, Stephanie and thank you, Lord for her and our time with her.

1 comment:

  1. You never know what the Lord has in store for you!!!

    ReplyDelete