Asking questions about God requires little. Finding the answers requires effort. Living with those answers requires grace.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Thanks to Him and to You

I honestly am not sure what the direction of this blog should be now. It's been almost 5 months since our little girl was here. I miss her so much. This blog has been helpful to me and, as some have indicated, to others as well.

Macayla's story has shaped it and given an opportunity to share our experience, some information, and most of all how Christ has been at work in our lives through this. Now that she is healed, the story has turned in a new direction. Macayla - it is amazing how distant her name can feel sometimes - Macayla has taken a leap into the best story of all. Meanwhile, the rest of us look for what is next. We are not sure what lies ahead or how to even feel about going there without her. It just hurts.

The last thing I want this blog to turn into is a chronicle of grief. It is just hard to write about Macayla without acknowledging the pain. This blog has followed our journey, and the journey has come to where we knew it would, though we pleaded and prayed for something different. Christ is still at work in our lives, of course. He has provided comfort in amazing ways and He has illuminated our hearts and minds to His truth in the midst of this. We wonder if we could have learned this truth another way. I think we could. I wish we had, but this is the way it happened. "What if..." and "If only..." are the enemy here.

I will pray about the future of this blog and how or if it should continue. We cannot express adequately how much we appreciate all of you who have prayed, supported and loved on us for the last five years. I pray any and all who read this realize how awesome Christ is and how He has used you to bring comfort to us. I know that Macayla is whole again. I praise Him for that. I praise Him for working through so many people like you to take care of us. I hope you know that Macayla was born for the glory of God and that His works might be displayed in her life. I hope we can all remember we were born for the same purpose!

1 comment:

  1. Jeff-I would hate to see you give this up because (selfishly) you have often been a source of light in my life when I needed it but I know that you must follow your own heart. If you do decide it is the end we will miss it terribly but know that we love you and your family and you will always be a part of our heart.

    ReplyDelete