Asking questions about God requires little. Finding the answers requires effort. Living with those answers requires grace.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Jake's Watering Hole

When we find something good, we can either hoard it, or we can share it. On the right you will see a link to Jake's Watering Hole and on it I have been adding links, video, sermons, etc. that have all helped me. I will include writings, podcasts and videos from the likes of Ravi Zacharias, Chip Ingram, William Craig Lane, and other sources that God has used to help me. The books shown down the right side of the page are linked to resources where they can be purchased. These books represent multiple views on various subjects. Some are more in-depth and scholarly in direction, and some are more devotional in nature. Some of the sermons posted will be ones I have preached simply because preparing those sermons have convicted and helped me. My hope is that by sharing them they will help others.
Why the name, Jake's Watering Hole? John 4 records a story where Jesus meets a Samaritan woman at Jacob's Well, a landmark in Samaria and historical site important to the Old Testament. Jesus informs the woman that the well provides water that temporarily sustains, but that Jesus provides "living water" that sustains us forever. "Living water" was a technical term for good drinking water from a spring or well that was not stagnant or polluted. Jesus says his living water becomes a well-spring in us that overflows. This living water has sustained me and my family and I hope to let it overflow to others in any way I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment