Asking questions about God requires little. Finding the answers requires effort. Living with those answers requires grace.

Friday, March 13, 2009

The Biggest Person in the House

Macayla has done well this week overall. The antibiotics are working and she has stopped running any fevers or throwing up. She has struggled a good bit with secretions and has had to be suctioned in the mornings a good bit. She started a few clusters of seizures yesterday, but never had any grand mals.

But now for the really big news. Jennifer turns 36 today! For the next month and seven days, she will be older than me! Jacob says she is the "biggest" person in the house. At 5 years old, the word "big" means "older." Of course, he also thinks that the "biggest" person is the boss and I have to assure him (when Jennifer is not around) that I'm the boss! He doesn't seem to believe me for some reason. Every year we have fun joking about how I'm married to an older woman for a month. Jennifer doesn't find the humor in it as much as I do. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Guys! Happy Birthday "Old Lady"! What a hoot he is! (I get the same thing from Ethan.) I'm so glad that Macayla is doing a little better! We continue to pray for your family!
    Mark and Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday girl!

    Love and miss you!!!

    Leslie and Hobbi

    ReplyDelete