Asking questions about God requires little. Finding the answers requires effort. Living with those answers requires grace.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Comedic Seriousness

Jacob is interested in joining the Cub Scouts. He's pretty excited about it and there's a meeting for it tonight. We left the house for school this morning and as usual Jacob brought along a couple of toys for the ride. But I begin a serious explanation about how the Cub Scouts is a commitment on all our parts and not just a one-time deal. It's ongoing and we have to commit to going to the meetings. Further, we have to know how much it costs, etc. etc. Jacob listened. He asked if he could stay in it until he grows up. So, I figured he wants to commit. But I told him I wasn't sure if we could financially do it yet and his mother and I would let him know. At the end of my serious commitment and responsibility speech, Jacob says, "O.k. Dad. If you will excuse me, I'm going to play with my toys now."
Check out Jacob's page for more of his drollery.

No comments:

Post a Comment