Asking questions about God requires little. Finding the answers requires effort. Living with those answers requires grace.

Friday, December 22, 2006

MVP Award

The doctor provided a different pain medicine but said we could only wait and see about the pain. We must wait and see for the next 6 WEEKS! When he said that, my mind flashed to a scene 6 weeks in the future when I will be in rehab for my addiction to pain killers and my new residence would be in a padded room with a special jacket. It was hard to imagine 6 weeks of pain like I had been experiencing, but I have discovered that the new pain med is much more effective than the other. I still have pain, but it is more of a nuisance than anything now. The doctor admitted that there has only been one other man who has come close to the problems I have had, but he awarded me the prize. I guess it’s flattering to be the best at something. I get the MVP award (Most Vasectomy Problems). I’ve noticed that there are no crown or cash prizes with this title. But the gist of the situation seems to be that things should get better and there is no way to diagnose any long-term complications until, well until a long term has gone by. There has been more than one man I know that swears they will never, never, ever, ever, never have this procedure done themselves now that they have heard my story. The real strain in all of this has been around taking care of Macayla. Jennifer really did an amazing job at lining people up to take care of Macayla during the two weeks after surgery. Between Jennifer, her parents, my mom, neighbors, nursing, Macayla’s teacher, and friends, I have been able to go this entire week without having to lift the kids at all and meals have been provided. God provides through all types of people and avenues. What an amazing God and what an amazing wife I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment