Asking questions about God requires little. Finding the answers requires effort. Living with those answers requires grace.

Monday, February 14, 2011

June 1, 1996

I was a groomsman. The wedding was in the chapel on the Citadel campus in Charleston. I was friends with both the bride and groom as we were all from the same hometown. My chief complaint was that the bride had no available women in the wedding party! All of the bridesmaids were either married or about to be. But just as the ceremony finished and the bride and groom exited the chapel under arched swords, a friend who was aware of my complaint, brought a beautiful woman over to meet me. This woman had not even planned to go to the reception, but she did and we danced. I knew I was going to marry her at that moment! Of course, anytime you dance to the "Chicken Song" as your first dance, you are going to get married!

I am so thankful Jennifer went to that reception. I'm so thankful she dated me in spite of me being me. I'm so thankful she married me. We have celebrated 14 valentines together, 12 of them married. Thank You, Lord, for putting us together.

1 comment:

  1. David and Linda Hughes8:42 PM, February 15, 2011

    Happy Anniversary to the most special couple that we know. Miss you and love you!!

    David and Linda

    ReplyDelete