Asking questions about God requires little. Finding the answers requires effort. Living with those answers requires grace.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Lord Struck the Child

O.k. This seems a bit strange to me. I have written a book and it is for sale. I wish I could just give it away, but for some reason, printing cost money. I am using a print-on-demand publisher for now, but it is not vanity that drives this project.

So, I've decided that since it will cost money we might as well let the money go toward something good. Each quarter, all of the proceeds will go to a different organization. My plan is for the money to help ministries and charities who help orphans, special-needs, or carry the Gospel to the world around us. I know that the amounts will probably not be very much right now, but if we get the word out through social networks and by word of mouth, then obviously more will follow. I am in the process of having it distributed to Amazon.com and Barnes and Nobel.com. I also hope to have an ebook version for sale on iBooks soon.

There is another way this can grow. If we can sell enough copies, then it will demonstrate to a larger publisher and distributer this project would be less of a risk for them to take on. Then even more copies could go out and hopefully generate more revenue to spread the Gospel and help the "least of these." My intention is not to get rich or famous from a book, which is hard to do anyway. It is simply to share what Christ has done in our life as a family. This was just the most efficient way and hopefully it will impact others beyond our immediate reach. Some of the ministries we hope to reach are Camp New Hope, Miracle Hill, Haven of Rest, Family Connection SC, BDSRA, Missionaries, and several others. We want to rotate to a new ministry every quarter. So, if this is going to be successful, get the word out.

By clicking on the book to the right, you should be able to go straight to where it is sold and preview the first few pages. I hope this book blesses anyone who reads it.

No comments:

Post a Comment