Asking questions about God requires little. Finding the answers requires effort. Living with those answers requires grace.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Home Security by Jacob

Yesterday afternoon, the kids and I were about to load up and run an errand. The garage door was up as that is the way we go out with Macayla. My neighbor from across the street ran up to the front door and told me to call the police. He said a woman just stole my weedeater and a can of gas from my open garage. He said she came to his house first and asked for gas. He told her to go to the gas station less than a half of a mile away. She then drove into our driveway. My neighbor said he watched her walk to her truck with the weedeater and gas can and drive out. He tried to cut her off at the street and she floored it and almost hit him! He was shaking when he came to my door because he was so mad! It was certainly a drug addict in need of a quick fix. She did this at 5:20 in the afternoon when most people are coming home and that would not be the smartest time to plan a theft from a garage. It is sad people get this way.

We called the sheriff's office and reported the situation. I was concerned Jacob would be scared that a stranger came and stole from us. But when he found out it was a woman, he said, "Girls don't like gross stuff, so if she comes back I'll just take off my clothes and show her my hinny! She will think that is gross and run away!"

2 comments:

  1. we should put him in charge of Homeland Security!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless Jacob - David loves him so much - he got quite a chuckle out of that comment. Thank heaven you are all safe.

    ReplyDelete