Asking questions about God requires little. Finding the answers requires effort. Living with those answers requires grace.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Toxic Green

Macayla has wheels! She now has a wheelchair and she seems to really enjoy it. It is very supportive and makes her feel very secure. Jacob had to try it out of course, but Macayla did not care for him being in her chair. It is mostly black, but the frame is “toxic green.” It is a bright light green color and her name is embroidered into the seat in green as well. We are very glad that she finds comfort and security in the chair. Due to the color, I doubt we will have a problem confusing her chair with anyone else’s.
A little over a week ago, Macayla participated in my sister’s wedding. She was part of the wedding party and with Jennifer’s assistance, Macayla was actually able to walk down the aisle. I helped to conduct the ceremony, so I was at the front with the pastor as she walked down the aisle. I suddenly realized that, short of a miracle, this would be the only time I would see my daughter walk down the aisle. She did great but it was much harder on us than Jenny and I thought it would be. She and Jacob were adorable and their cousin, Rebecca, helped to bring comic relief for us all.

1 comment:

  1. Jeff, I am toched as I read your blog... especially your comment- "short of a miracle, this would be the only time to see Macayla walk down that aisle". I'm praying for that miracle.

    Also, I was blessed to read your "Jesus Wept" from Oct. Wow! That's heavy stuff. I'm praying for ya'll.

    ReplyDelete