Asking questions about God requires little. Finding the answers requires effort. Living with those answers requires grace.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

What I Was Going to Say...

I was going to post an update and say how Macayla has had a great, grand-mal-free week and she seems to be on the mend. I was going to write how she seemed to be more herself this week. But this morning she showed a sign of seizure activity. She started pursing her lips repeatedly and that seems to be associated with the start of grand-mal seizures. So, I'm not going to write what I was planning to write. I'm not going to say we are out of the grand-mal woods yet. For, she may be starting a weekly pattern instead of a monthly one. If I don't say what I was going to say, will it help things turn out the way that I was going to say they would? Well, I don't believe in jinx but I certainly think we can say things hastily out of our lack of knowledge only to be proved wrong by the future. So, I will just be satisfied to say that today, Macayla has started off happy with a few signs of neurological issues, but thankfully no seizures yet.

We are thankful for this amazing girl and her brother. We are thankful for the God who gave them to us. We are thankful he gave us each other. We are thankful for the amazing blessings he has put in our lives. We are thankful that he is patient, merciful, loving and just. We are thankful for how he teaches us through our children. We are thankful that he loves us as we are AND that he loves us so much he won't leave us the way we are. We are thankful for what he did at the cross and that there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ. These things are not said in haste and the future will prove them correct as the present and past already have. Today, we give thanks to the One who gave us abundantly more than we could imagine. That's what I was going to say.

1 comment:

  1. Hello friends,

    Thinking of you and holding you all close in our hearts and prayers.

    Hugs and kisses to the children for us.

    We love you all,
    Hobbi and Leslie

    ReplyDelete