Asking questions about God requires little. Finding the answers requires effort. Living with those answers requires grace.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Just What Was Needed

For those who couldn't make it or stay for the funeral service, I wanted to share this. Gene brought it up during the sermon. Macayla was born May 22, 2001 and died May 22, 2010. A few days later, we were riding in the van and when I looked up at the rearview mirror, I saw this:


The placard expired May 22, 2010. We would not need this placard another day! When we got this permit four years ago and saw the date, I wondered if we would ever have to renew it.

3 comments:

  1. I personally don't believe in coincidences . . . wow. Heidi in Amesbury, Massachusetts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff - I told David about this post on your blog and he was totally speachless - and you know how hard that is for him to be totally speachless!!!! The Lord truly does work in mysterious ways and it is often only in hindsight that we see it (no pun intended). There have many times in my own life that I have looked back and said "OK - that is why that happened". Your own angel in heaven is smiling at you now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff, I thought about this post today as I stood in line at the DMV to get our tags renewed.......Thank you for your blog and sharing the ups and downs, it is easy to share the ups and more difficult to share the downs but they are equally important for others to understand. Peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete