Asking questions about God requires little. Finding the answers requires effort. Living with those answers requires grace.

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Big Brother

Last night, I was cutting Jacob's fingernails. Unfortunately, I cut one in a bit too far and it did not feel good. No blood, just uncomfortable. Later, he and I got in the bed with Macayla and we all watched a movie together. Macayla was having trouble falling asleep. Afterward, Jacob stayed in the bed with Macayla while I got her meds together. I noticed she needed her fingernails cut so I told Jacob I would go get the clippers. I left the room, but from down the hall I could hear Jacob talking to Macayla. He said, "Dad is going to cut your fingernails. He cut mine and one of them he cut too far. It hurt a little bit. But don't worry, Macayla, I don't think he will do that to your fingers."
As I walked back into the room, Macayla was smiling as Jacob was laying next to her and holding her hand. She liked hearing him and feeling him near her. He talked to her and joked with her but after a while he grew still and quiet and so did she.

1 comment: