Asking questions about God requires little. Finding the answers requires effort. Living with those answers requires grace.

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Bad Timing

My grandmother (my Dad's mom we called Mimi) passed away on Sunday afternoon. She was 88 and had suffered senility for several years. I went down to Aiken to be with Dad and family as plans were made. I came back to Anderson late last night and shortly after I got home, Macayla started throwing up. She was not having any seizures that we could tell. She had a fever and redness around her feeding tube. She threw up again at 4:30 in the morning and suctioning her was more difficult than usual. We think she has an infection around her tube so we started antibiotics today. 

This afternoon, she started smiling again and her fever broke. Hopefully she will be able to go with us to the funeral, but it may be that just Jacob and I go. I will be conducting the service but I caught a cold from my family yesterday and I am hoping I keep my voice. We are praying that Macayla recovers fast and for safe travel as many people come from some distance to the funeral. 

No comments:

Post a Comment