Asking questions about God requires little. Finding the answers requires effort. Living with those answers requires grace.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hoping to Brag

I was hoping to brag today that Macayla was doing really well and getting better, but she couldn't let that happen. The good thing is that her fever has stayed away and her diarrhea finally seems to quit, but I make that statement cautiously. Today, she was very lethargic. She would smile some, but mostly she was out of it. We were trying to load up to take Jacob to school this morning and discovered the van would not crank. I jumped it off with my father-in-law's truck that happened to be here. Got it cranked and loaded the kids. When I put it in gear, it cut off and was dead. I had to jump it off again just to unload Macayla with the lift. I decided to break Macayla's chair down and use the seat as a car seat. That's when the rain started. I put Macayla in the middle of the front seat and had Jacob stand up in the extra cab area and hold her up-right from behind. Right as I am putting the seat in next to Macayla, she heaves and throws up and Jacob was not strong enough to hold on to her so she fell over to the side and hit her head on the hard bottom of the seat I was putting in. The rain picked up. Needless to say, Jacob was late getting to school. He only got there when my father-in-law was able to come and sit with Macayla. She has been fighting mucus all day and that has made her breathing uncomfortable. I take for granted the ability to clear my own throat. How frustrating it must be for her. Anyway, she is o.k. but I wish she were better.

Jacob has done great with the 12 Days of Christmas. He gets very excited and seems to be retaining the main points along the way. It has definitely helped me get more into the spirit of Christmas and more prepared to worship instead of grumble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment