Asking questions about God requires little. Finding the answers requires effort. Living with those answers requires grace.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mac Update and the Funeral

It seems that every year since Macayla started having seizures, she has gone through the most changes between Thanksgiving and Christmas. This year is no exception. She has lost her sight and a lot of tone. She even seems to be losing some tone in her tongue and is consistently going through cycles of lethargy to wakefulness for days at a time. 

During the night, she had difficulty breathing a couple of times and had to be suctioned because of all the mucus. She had a lot of diarrhea and was generally uncomfortable. Her fever has stayed down thankfully. She did well today while I went to my grandmother's funeral. Jennifer said Macayla was alert and smiling a lot while BB and Papa were here. She was the perfect angel while they were here! The only thing now is that she has not voided all day long, so now we are wondering if the infection is really a urinary tract infection. She just keeps us guessing.

As far as the funeral, it went well. We are thankful for everyone's prayers. My grandmother planted seeds in my life that didn't start sprouting until much later, but I am grateful for them. She is a believer and is now in the eternal arms. God's grace was evident at today's service. I kept my voice in spite of the cold I am fighting and my uncle who gave a eulogy was able to share a perspective that made me appreciate the legacy of my grandmother even more. She was used by God in so many ways. My family will need continued prayers as her absence sinks in over the holidays. Thank you again for all of your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. You all are in my thoughts and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete