Asking questions about God requires little. Finding the answers requires effort. Living with those answers requires grace.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

He's Too Smart

Jacob has things figured out. I already posted tonight that he is doing well with the 12 Days of Christmas. You can look on Jacob's World if you are just now catching up. Just before bed tonight he asked me, "Dad, are you moving the elf and Mary and Joseph each night?" 
I responded, "Jacob, the elf is following Mary and Joseph around and telling us about their journey."
He said, "That means you're the one moving them. Dad, they are just pretend. Just look at Mary and Joseph. They are too small to be real people."
I had to admit it. Some kids think these elves are magic, but Jacob knows a prop when he sees one. But he still enjoys searching for them each morning. Here is a sample of what he hears when the elf "speaks":


Now I wonder when he will figure out whose voice it really is. 
This whole process has helped me with the Christmas story and being more prepared to celebrate the season. That's why I share it on Jake's Watering Hole. There is more that can be shared from the texts than what I am posting, but this is just a little of what has helped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment